Ingredients:
1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1 cup frozen marionberries, thawed
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
Directions
Place the thawed berries in the blender and process until smooth. Press blended berries through a fine mesh sieve positioned over a medium bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press and scrape until you have at least 1 cup of puree. Discard seeds and refrigerate any extra puree for another use.In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch with a whisk. Stir in 1 cup of berry puree, lemon juice, and eggs. Stirring constantly with a whisk, bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute or until curd is thick, still stirring constantly. Remove from heat and gently stir in butter.
Spoon mixture into jar or bowl then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Adapted from Cooking Light.

I made it today, and it was a BEAUTIFUL purple color. I'm super excited to see how it turns out. I put it into little jars, and it made about 2 and 3/4 cups of the curd, and it is super good from what I tasted out of the hot pan. :) I like how creamy it is, with the seeds being removed from the berries. Make sure you have a good size sieve to push this through, and a scraper to pull the mixture off the bottom. :) I will update how it turned out after I get to taste it tomorrow morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment