Mom got this recipe off Pinterest, and try as I may I can't seem to find this exact recipe on there! There are SO many recipes on there, so if you know whom originally posted this PLEASE let me know so that I can give them credit... Dad made this one...
Regardless, this was SO good. Spicy, yes. But it was still good.
Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
1 Tbsp oil
2 cans (15 1/2 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can chopped green chilie (4 oz)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground Cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
Directions:
Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasoning.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream (Not whipped cream) and serve.
This is a really low point dish for those counting, I think it ended up being like 5-7 for a serving. I will look that up though and let you know for sure. It was good. But I had to have something to tame the heat. The chilies and the cayenne got me.
No comments:
Post a Comment