Mom found this on Pinterest, and it was listed as 12 points. She entered the ingredients, and it ended up being 7 points being cut into 8 pieces and was 7 points when it was cut into 6... So it's a good dinner. And it's really yummy!
Ingredients:
1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 can 10 ounces Enchilada Sauce
9 corn tortillas, 6 inches in size
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
3 medium green onions, sliced
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. Now you are ready to get cooking!
Cook the beef and the onions, and than drain the mixture. Stir in the bell pepper, corn, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce.
Spread 1/4 of the mixture in a thin layer on the pie plate. Top with 3 corn tortillas, and overlap it with 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/3 cup of cheese. Repeat this layer 2 more times, and end with the cheese on the top.
Bake this for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes before you cut into it, even though this is hard to do. (Especially when it's 7 at night and you are ready to grab a fork and dive into it even though it's molten lava on your tongue fresh out of the oven...)
Top each piece with sour cream and green onions. Enjoy!
I was skeptical about it, but it was really good. We used red and orange bell peppers instead, and it really made for a lighter taste than the green which can be aggressive at times.
(While I LOVE to give credit where credit is due, if I get a recipe from my mom I don't know if I can link it back. SO if you find the original site, please let me know so I can link it. Thanks guys!)
No comments:
Post a Comment